Hi! I'm Guillem, a student of computer engineering and video game development from Barcelona, Spain.
I love creating games and I'm always thinking about how to facilitate tasks with gamification how and to improve the user experience to assist troubleshooting.
I'm a very curious person who likes to learn new concepts, work methodologies and deep into fascinating engineering worlds such as rocket technology.
In the gaming world, I love to explore the technological and design side and, in the real world, I like to help those who need it through my work.
Bunker Bound is a video game made as a university project where I collaborated as a programmer. The result was very satisfactory and ended with thousands of views online, specially from the Asian community, that seemed to like it.
This was the first time I collaborated hand by hand with artists during the whole development. It is perfectly noticeable with the final aesthetics of the game and, in addition, I learned about team-work and how to communicate between programmers and artists.
This game was made using Unity 3D in a couple of months and you can download the GDD, the source code and the game itself from itch.io.
Rasta Run is my first finished game. With this game, I ended learning the basics of programming and implemented for the first time a semi-procedural generation.
In addition, I tested for the first time a marketing strategy trying to eye-catch the people with a controversial topic.
This game was made using GameMaker Studio programmed with GameMaker Language and you can download it in the Google Play store.
Dungeon Assault is a tool for generating procedural dungeon maps for different types of board games.
It was born from the necessity of playing board games with my friends with different maps and with personalized rules.
This software creates dungeons that are not related to any game. However, it tries to be a whiteboard to allow the creation of any rule using some generic elements of role board games such as move player's tokens around the map, discover the rooms' content, find enemies with different characteristics, ...
You can download it by clicking here.
Ball Evolution is a game where I wanted to test psychological effects related to addiction in addition to trying to create a smooth game as for the gameplay as to the visual.
In the game, I also tried to avoid the use of tutorials by creating elements that would drove the player to understanding how to play the game.
Surprisingly some people loved it to the point of playing it by several hours in a row.
You can download Ball Evolution in the Google Play store.
MathVille is the gaming platform used by InnovaMat's project.
In this project, the objective is to change how maths is imparted in the schools by gamificating the learning process.
I worked programming some of the playable activities on MathVille. In those activities, the player would exercise mathematical skills while enjoying a gaming session.
4utumn is a social network that was developed as a project during the course of my university degree.
The objective was to create a webpage linked to an SQL Database in which the user could communicate with other users, post texts, manage his account, follow other users' posts, search for content, ...
I worked on all the front-end including the visual design, the responsiveness for mobile of the entire site, the site map, the design of each page, ...
Drink Extreme is a popular collection of festive games with the objective of invigorating the parties.
With the intention of improving the scalability, personalization, facilitate maintenance, the update-frequency and the number of features I worked on my own on a full redisign of the app's technical aspects.
As a result, the app now could have an easy way of incrementing the languages available, add new games, give to the player's the possibility of having a fully-personalized experience, ...
However, the current version of the app does not integrate my update but you can download my version for Android.
Since I was always consulting which practices were recommended in Unity and which ones weren't I decided to start writing down notes about the information I found important to remember.
After some time the number of notes that I had was considerable, so I started writing down a structured document that later I decided to publish online trying to help other people that would be looking for it.
You can find the document about good practices for a Unity project by clicking here.
Triunity Studios is the name under which I sign most of my personal projects.
In some projects, I receive some kind of help in some topics which I do not master. I want to see those projects as collaborative work and, in addition, I do not work in my projects trying to get merits from them.
Those are the reasons under the decision of using that name. A name that, for me, represents all the people that helped me on the development of every project since the beginning.
Some years before starting my university degree I went with some friends to visit a University. At that moment we everyone seemed to want to study videogame's development there.
To get into the world and get ready for that degree we tried to start a project together but first of all, we wanted "a cool name". We were three so we came up with "Triunity Studios".
In the end, I'm the only one that studied videogame's development and that project was never finished. However, the name thrived.